Sunday, December 01, 2013

December 1, Day 1

I figured December 1st is just as arbitrary a date to start a new resolve toward fitness as January 1st, and while it doesn't have the same cache as kicking off the New Year with a new lifestyle, I'll have a four-week head start on it. Maybe this time it will finally take.

Today started with a roughly 3.5 mile hike with my parents and the dogs. My mother and I challenged each other on the start of One Hundred Pushups, and while my initial number is pathetic, it's a start.

The plan for this afternoon is a bicycle ride around town. I'm concerned that my father may dawdle enough that we don't get to go, so I'll have to push him.

My challenge this week will be making time for exercise every day and not eating atrociously, but it will be difficult because I have a date Tuesday, plans with friends Wednesday, tickets to the symphony Thursday etc. I will have to get good at sneaking in quick workouts when I get home and making better menu choices than "all the pasta and sausage and cream you can fit on a plate."

No comments: